CORPUS CHRISTI/WOOLLY NATURAL 23 DAY 161


 
Morning still-life with change jar. 

Was up late last night and early again this morning sorting out my phone account situation --- I've changed from my cheapie pay-as-you-go plan to Google Fi . . . which I have to say I'm happy about, on balance. Never again having to deal with the old plan's stupid, glitchy website and unhelpful customer service is actually worth paying a little more. I'm on a Google Fi plan right now that gives me international roaming, which is why I changed, though I think I'll ultimately knock back to their less-deluxe plan, which is still better than my old one, especially in terms of data and things like hotspot tethering, which might be useful. 

So now that headache is sorted out. Took me a lot of chats with various persons to get my number transferred, mostly because customer support with the old carrier kept giving me blatantly wrong answers when I asked for information. But now it's done, hooray hooray. 

And today is the beautiful feast of Corpus Christi, one of my favorite Masses of the year. I love this little burst of end-of-Easter/into-summer solemnities --- Pentecost, which signals the birth of the Church but also the birth of the summer, followed by Trinity and now today's celebration of the Eucharistic presence of Christ in the Mass, in the world, and in us. After this, the calendar gets a little ho-hum for a good long stretch, though of course there are plenty of good feasts and solemnities: Sacred Heart, for example, and then in August, the Assumption, which always signaled the the start of our autumn homeschool term. 

Wearing today: 



An almost-exact repeat of last Sunday's outfit: Brooklyn + Kosher Casuals teal crop top for coverage + Xero Jessie sandals. The only difference between last Sunday and this is that today I added this cork belt, which I like. It's a nice width, shows up well against all my dresses, and provides a pleasing finish, I think. 



This is Brooklyn's third June outing, making her the frontrunner among my summery dresses (so far). 



I'd thought I might wear a skirt over my dress today for some variety, but nah. This is just too easy. 

I will probably pop this dress in the wash before we leave, to firm up the wrap bodice, which does tend to get a little loose. I have plenty of things to wear under it for various levels of coverage, but I do want it not to droop. Just three more days till we leave for Norway . . . hard to believe! I need to plan my laundry, lay out my travel capsule again, and actually PACK, instead of just obsessively practice-packing. 

But for now, I'm just going to walk the dog and go to Mass. 

(Yesterday wound up being a 5+-mile day --- over 13K steps!)