TRINITY SUNDAY/WOOLLY NATURAL 23 DAY 154


 
Sunday morning, current view. I'm the only one up so far. We are again a household of four, because the Viking Son, as it turns out, was coming in in the wee hours of THIS morning. Fortunately, his arty sister likes to stay up late sometimes and went to fetch him. Of course, restfully, I lay in bed first worrying that she was going to fall asleep upstairs and not go get him, then that some accident would befall her or both of them on the road in the rain . . . Sure am glad my brain lets me sleep in when I have the chance. 

Anyway, they are both safely back, as I know because I was awake enough to hear the car roll up and Dora bark from her crate. And fortunately the worst storms seemed to have rolled through. Dora and I walked last night in flashes of distant lightning, between rains, but after we came back, it really opened up for a while, right overhead. 

Now it's morning, gray and breezy and a little cooler than yesterday, with a high of only 77F. Yesterday felt sultry and lowering --- I hadn't looked carefully at the weather report and didn't know that storms were on the horizon, but I might have known, if I'd thought about it. We're not yet at the point of the summer when the heat settles down on us like a big roosting hen and stays till October. There's still some spring variableness (if that's a word --- I don't mean variety --- variability, maybe?) in the air, and that freshness that feels it's blown down from the mountains. Once the summer really takes hold, we lose that, and it's just hot. Yesterday did feel that way, though. I was flat hot in my wool dress, and the heat and humidity stretched it out till it was past my knees. 

We have entered the season of the murmurs of innumerable flies, however. Last night I was trying to read my Kindle in bed --- still reading Oliver Twist, which for some reason I am finding so emotionally intense and unsettling that I can only read a little at a time. Children read this book? I find myself asking this. Every word? It's not the intensity so much as a lot of nuance that I think would render many passages unintelligible --- Fagin, for example, would seem unintelligible to a more literal mind . . . Anyway, I was trying to read, but this big disgusting black fly kept wanting to blunder into my lit screen, so I gave up and tried to sleep, with results as described above. Now the same fly, or its twin, or its evil clone, is buzzing me in the kitchen. Dora's one actually useful function is that she can catch flies, and she does so with great enthusiasm. I'm not ready to unleash her on my day just yet, however, so I guess I'm stuck with the fly. 

Wearing today: 



I only just wore Brooklyn on Friday, but she's such a nice dress that I've been antsy to wear her to Mass. Now that I have this Kosher Casuals crop top, that's a lot easier to do. 


Ignore the little water dribble there. I was wet-hands-refreshing my Day 2 hair. As you can see, the Kosher Casuals crop top offers a much higher neckline than any of the bralettes I've worn with this dress so far. I might not opt for it all the time, but for church: yeah, it's just the right thing. I love these colors together, anyway. And I love the silhouette, which has turned out to be so flattering. 




I haven't worn my Xero Jessie sandals in a while, so it's nice to get them out today, for a little light contrast with my hemline.

 Meanwhile, I'm pondering whether I shouldn't replace my Birk Balis with these sandals in my Norway packing. I don't know whether it'll be warm enough for sandals at all, to be honest. And given that I'm wearing my hiking boots on the plane, the Balis are the one really bulky thing in my packing that I could maybe . . . possibly . . . do without. I'd hate not to have sandals at all, just in case, but these sure are a lot flatter and more minimalist. 

Going to walk the dog in them shortly, at any rate. And then to Mass for the Solemnity of the Most Holy Trinity. 

PS: Again, the Kosher Casuals top is viscose/spandex, not natural fibers. But I am wearing a merino bralette/crop tank thing underneath it, so what's touching my skin is pretty much all natural fibers.