Backyard nature study: lichens growing between the bark and the interior of a pecan log (no, not the edible kind of pecan log, but an actual log cut from an actual tree).
More lichen action:
I picked a handful of jalapeño peppers and left them on one of these logs while I went inside for a minute, leaving Dora out on her tether. While I was gone she decided to taste one, but found it not to her liking.
Our houseguest left this morning, so we're quietly back to normal. It's always fun to have visitors, but then it's also always fun to have the house to myself again. So far today I've walked the dog, done some laundry, and had the week's poetry-editing meeting --- for the rest of the day I plan to do a lot of nothing.
Wearing, from my 7x7 challenge capsule (although it's kind of hot, so I may yet lose the top layer):
Wool& Sierra dress, thrifted emerald-green J. Crew cotton cardigan, blue EVA Birkenstocks. If I were really sure of keeping the cardigan on, I might go so far as to wear Sunday's pink belt over it, for more waist definition. But for now, the sun is out, the day has heated up, and I'm thinking, Nah.
I like the cardigan buttoned over, however, as an alternative to the cardigan just thrown on for an extra layer. I can envision doing this a lot in colder weather. Now? It's a nice experiment.




