CORPUS CHRISTI


 

Food is beautiful. Exhibit A: this bean blossom, orchid-like in its delicacy. This perhaps is a fitting meditation for Corpus Christi, the Solemnity of the Most Precious Body and Blood of Christ, our food in the Eucharist. But I'm not really going to belabor the metaphor now. 

Mostly I'm not going to belabor it because I need to take the dog out before Mass, but also, sometimes it's better just to drop the metaphor and leave it there to resonant, a pebble making ripples in a puddle. 

Wearing today (because yes, the body matters): 






*Secondhand L.L. Bean linen skirt, bought June 2025, second real wear. I paid nothing for this skirt, thanks to sales credit on Poshmark, so already my cost of wear is in the negative numbers. 

*Secondhand Not Perfect Linen tank, bought spring 2025

*Secondhand J.Jill linen-rayon longline cardigan, year 3 of wear

*Xero Jessie sandals, year 3 of wear

Having deliberately not repeated outfits through the first half of June, I'm spending the rest of the month maniacally repeating outfits I love. I was on the fence about the fit of this skirt, but it's perfect with this swingy linen tank, and I shall be keeping and wearing it. 

I like that I have that classic outfit formula going on today: light-dark-color-pattern. It's all shades of blue and white, so I feel like a piece of Delft china --- which is a good thing. 

Hair about halfway dry --- I'm hoping the sun will speed this process along while I'm walking the dog. 

Which I should go and do, like now.