The summer mantel, waiting for some flowers. In Eastertide I festooned it with peonies and roses, but now it's stripped back a little, and waiting for what comes next, which seems a seasonally appropriate mode.
The Artgirl has work in an actual Dallas gallery! That's the big news of the weekend, and happier than most of the big news of the past week. These are pieces from her senior show, and it's exciting that they've been picked up so quickly. Here's hoping she sells big.
It's Sunday, and with many other parts of the U.S., we're celebrating the Solemnity of the Ascension, which was actually Thursday, today. It's also the first of June, the end of my dubious Marian Blue May challenge.
How much blue did I wear in May? I mean, more than I felt like I was wearing? Especially if I said to myself, "Well, they don't call it Iris Blue for nothing . . . ," even though throughout Lent I was definitely counting that color as purple, which it basically is.
Anyway, that beautiful month has come to an end, and now it's June, with the onset of summer.
Wearing for Mass today:
*Secondhand Not Perfect Linen Leila dress (S/M) in Cinnamon Rose, bought December 2023, last worn May 17 (to the Baccalaureate Mass at UD, and the reception after, the night before graduation). Wears in 2025: 7, I think
*Secondhand Eileen Fisher silk-rayon cardigan, first year of wear
*Secondhand Art Company shoes, first year of wear
An all-secondhand outfit for the first day of June.
Last week these shoes rubbed blisters, but I've put moleskin in them, and now they're fine. I'm about to step out with the dog in them, so that will be the test, but already I can tell that the edges that were rubbing my heels have been softened sufficiently. I'll still probably put on Crocs or Xeros when I get home, but these are so pretty for Sunday morning --- exactly the shoe I had been looking for. Really what they replace are not my broken Birk Mayaris (those have been replaced by my rota of Crocs and Xero sandals), but the Earth Shoe Mary Janes which I've now resold. I think these are a lot cuter, plus a lot more potentially wearable through all four seasons. Though they're brown and closed-toed, they don't really scream autumn. And the style seems perfect for these fit-and-flare dresses.
OK, really, I do need to take the dog out and finish doing something to my hair. Later, maybe.



