TUESDAY, EASTER 3


 

More Artgirl content. 

Also: tfw your climbing rose decides to climb the mulberry tree:





It's Tuesday, I have work to do, and we're leaving town again day after tomorrow. That's pretty much the story here. On the bright side, I have gotten a good night's sleep --- yesterday I was a zombie, but today I hope I'm not. I really don't have time to be a zombie today. 

I've just made little photo books of the past weekend --- the Artgirl's show, details from the Viking's play, photos of the TXgirl's two desks at her job --- for the grandmothers for Mother's Day. Yes, yes, they will be impressed by the TXgirl's two desks (one in the English Department, one in the Philosophy Department). So that's taken care of, thank goodness. I'm glad I thought of it when I woke up this morning. 

Trying to decide what I feel like wearing today: high of 75F, low of 48F. It's perfect weather, not too hot. Part of me wants to wear something linen, and part of me would just like to put on a Sierra dress and be done with it. I think I should probably mistrust my desire not to bother, and make some effort. I will feel better about myself if I do. 



OK, what I am wearing today, as it turns out: 







*Secondhand Erika&Co vintage cotton-linen pinafore, bought November 2023, last worn April 26. Wears in 2025: 7

*Secondhand Eileen Fisher pink merino tank, bought January 2023

*Secondhand O'Connell's merino cardigan, bought early 2023

*Xero Jessie sandals, third year of wear

Repeating yesterday's cardigan for an extra dose of Marian blue in May, and glad I reached for this dress, which I love. I don't hanker after pattern that much in my clothing, but I do love a beautiful floral. I opted to button the cardigan for a little extra waist definition. My bronze Crocs more or less match a color in the pattern of my dress, which is really why I opted not to wear them --- sounds weird, but I prefer not to match. I thought this would be a good excuse to wear my Xero Jessie barefoot sandals, which tend to get forgotten in favor of Birkenstocks. I love their strappiness, and of course they're perfectly comfortable with a bunion, even if they do show it off. 

I have to finish an essay on Robert Browning for Thursday, then the next week's three are all reprints or revisions of old essays, which I hope I can knock out smartly, to clear my decks. 

Otherwise, it's all dog-walking, bed-making, sitting in the sun, etc. 

AFTERNOON UPDATE

I have finished writing about Robert Browning. That is all. 

I've also finished The Eagle and the Hart --- did I mention that before? I've downloaded, in Google Books, an edition of Froissart's Chronicles, though in fact I own a hard copy of same and should probably just read that. I keep thinking that I want to write a novel set during the reign of Richard II, which is the same era that gave us the anonymously authored Sir Gawain and the Green Knight and Pearl . . . but I really have to get events and the movements of famous people firmly in my head, on a map that I can access visually in my imagination, before I can even contemplate moving forward with that idea. I have a character and I know things about him, but I need his world to be fixed in place before he can move around in it. I had thought about having Jean Froissart be a figure in this novel, but I think it's going to prove impossible. He just wasn't in England at the right time to cross paths with my character. So I think I'm just going to have to invent a chronicler, which is fine, because there were plenty of them, and many of them were anonymous. Still . . . I can't just invent medieval history, and as much as I think I know about it, more and more I realize that my "much" is miniscule.