THURSDAY, EASTER 2


 

Welcome, beautiful May, the Lady-month! 

I'm taking a quick break from many projects and tasks today, as I try to wrap up work and get ready to fly out of here tomorrow. I'm cooking up some packets of chicken, rice, and canned pumpkin for Dora for the weekend --- kibble is still off the menu, after she didn't tolerate a small amount of it last night. Otherwise she seems pretty well and normal, and is digesting chicken, etc, just fine. I've got to sort through my clothes and pack my little capsule for three days in Dallas. And I'd love to finish my second essay for next week, but we'll see. I've written a lot of it, but I'm not sure I'll get it all loaded and tied off before I leave. 

Wearing today: 






*Wool& Sierra dress (XS) in Iris Blue, bought January 2025, last worn April 19. Wears in 2025: 21

*Very old thrifted Pierre Cardin cotton crocheted cardigan, second decade of wear

*Secondhand Birk Mayaris, year 2 of wear

OK, so I had this whole "wearing blue" plan worked out. But what I wanted to wear, when I got up this morning, was this dress --- which, to be fair. calls itself "Iris Blue." And indeed, at the moment, in this month of Our Lady, the irises are blooming. So . . . I'm glad I said no hard and fast rules, because I'm looking at all kinds of things I really want to wear that aren't necessarily blue, at a time of year when layering starts to become unnecessary and even unwelcome, and . . . OK, fine. I'll resolve to wear blue A LOT. 

What I'm wearing is kind of purple, but already Lent is fading in my memory. And I like this dress. The weather's quite warm today, though breezy, and I'm very comfortable. 

I don't know how much I'll post over the weekend --- probably not much. Monday can be a recap day. At this moment I'm not really even sure what I'm putting in my backpack, just that I had better put it there soon. 

No pub night tonight, because the husband has an on-campus engagement, but that's all right. I have a lot to do, and I can just feed myself last night's leftovers and not worry about the evening too much. I have washed my hair, as you can see, and it's in insane waves and ringlets. I'm resisting the urge to comb it out --- they say it's good to leave your hair in the gel cast as long as possible, even overnight, if you want your waves/curls to last. I'm not actually all that invested, but I knew I wouldn't have time to wash it in the morning, so I figured I'd experiment. 

Washday method: 

In the bath:

Humby Organics shampoo bar, 2 lathers

Humby Organics conditioner bar, enough to squish through my hair and give it some slip, left on while I bathed and shaved, combed through to detangle my hair, then rinsed thoroughly

LUS 3-in-1 (Wavy) diluted with water, 4 pumps, squished through my soaking-wet hair, then combed through while hair was still really soaking wet

Out of the bath: 

Scrunched excess water out of my hair, first with my hands, then with microfiber towel

Sprayed on Not Your Mama's spray gel, pretty generously. Flipped over upside-down so that I could spray the underside and the ends. Scrunched again. 

Diffused to 3/4 dry, air-dried the rest of the way. It's now dry but still looks a little wet because I haven't broken the gel cast. 

As always, it took more time to write out what I did than it did to do it. Given that I was washing and drying my hair anyway, this process was no extra trouble, but it really did result in curls and waves. 

OK, well, back to work.