SUNDAY, EASTER 4/MOTHER'S DAY/HOME AGAIN


 

Happy to be back with my wood sorrel, Rose-of-Sharons, blue sage, and general weeds. One thing you notice after days in Texas is how GREEN North Carolina is. 

Mass yesterday evening at UD, followed by dinner out with just the husband, followed by a visit at the TXabode with the three progeny. This morning: breakfast with progeny, then rental car return and flight. We got back around 5, hit up the pub for dinner, and now some of us, human and canine, are lolling upon the daybed and happy to be here. 

Mass outfit for last night: 



 
*Wool& Fiona dress (M) in Teal, bought November 2022, last worn May 2. Wears in 2025: 6

*Trades of Hope silk-cotton kimono, bought May 2024

*Xero Jessie sandals, bought March 2023


And today, for breakfast and travel home: 



*Wool& Sierra dress (XS) in Iris Blue, bought January 2025, last worn May 10, during the day. Wears in 2025: 24, I think

*Thrifted Peruvian Connection alpaca cardigan, third year of wear

*Xero Jessie sandals, as above

Yep, this again. I just feel good in this dress. I will not wear it tomorrow, but I bet it'll be in my bag, if not on my body, for the coming weekend's FINAL LAP of the graduation season. 

This was a good travel capsule, with my Sierra worn on repeat, and two other dresses to rotate with it. I did not need all the cardigans I brought. The only thing I really wore, other than this alpaca cardigan, was the kimono. And I wore only this one pair of sandals. Note to self to pack similarly lightly next weekend. I just don't need that much. And packing this small means that I can handily fit my hair diffuser into my backpack, and also smash my purse down into the top, which gives me fewer items to contend with in the security line AND on the plane. My pack fits neatly under the seat, where I can access whatever I need. I did a lot of overpacking on earlier trips this year (to be fair, my earlier trips were cold-weather trips, and I did need more in the way of layers), but this truly is the way to travel. 

God willing, a week from right now, the kids will be alumni, with degrees in hand. 

Their plans as they stand right now: 

1. Nobody has a job in hand at this moment, but applications are out, and I think folk are willing to do pretty much anything to keep body and soul together. 

2. Artgirl has an affordable living situation lined up (and also a lot of savings, because she is frugal)

3. Viking is starting a theater company with seven of his best friends, and has his apartment through August, so will not be couch-surfing just yet. 

It's a big world out there, and they are going to live in it --- somehow, doing something. But we're awfully proud of them, these beloved people of ours.