Home, rain, and a window view of the neighbors' abandoned-looking backyard. I think they're walking away from their unsold house --- last week a LOT of what looked like moving out was going on, and now I see that even the grandchildren's swingset is gone. We'll see what happens next . . . it'll be interesting, potentially, to watch a house auction, I guess.
A lot to accomplish this week before we go back to Dallas for graduation. I've got to follow up at the doctor's after getting a prophylactic antibiotic dose for my tick bite last week --- it was swollen and painful, far and away the worst experience I've ever had from a tick bite, but is better now. Still, they recommended that I go in for blood tests, so I've got to arrange that.
Dora needs to go to the vet for some vaccines --- I've been putting it off, because going to the vet traumatizes us both for days, but I really can't put it off any longer.
I would like to get some essay-writing done as well, though that's not quite so urgent. I'm finished through the end of next week, at any rate, so have a little breathing room, and I've at least started my first essay for the week after that. I have a book review due in June as well that I don't want to lose the thread of and then be scrambling at the deadline.
My Ocean Teal Willow dress, which sold last Thursday or Friday, is packed and out on the mailbox, ready to go to her new home. Still waiting for the seller to ship the Birkenstocks I bought eight days ago . . . I might not be wearing those to graduation after all. Good thing I love my Xero Jessies.
Wearing today:
*Secondhand Not Perfect Linen Smock dress (S/M) in Dark Blue-Gray, bought December 2023, last worn April 17 (Holy Thursday). Wears in 2025: 8. Last year, this was my second-most-worn dress, after my Black Heather Audrey, with close to 30 wears total.
*Secondhand O'Connell's of Scotland merino cardigan, bought early 2023, year 3 of wear.
*Xero Jessie sandals, bought spring 2023, year 3 of wear
It's easy to forget how much I love this dress, simply because I have so many other dresses that I also love. The style is voluminous, and initially I wasn't totally sold on how it looked on me, but honestly . . . the more I wear it, the happier I am with it. It's a good year-round dress, though I prefer it just as it comes with a pair of sandals. The roominess is perfect for summertime. I now own not one, not two, but THREE Smock dresses --- though you might not initially think they're the same style, thanks to modifications. My Grape Wine Smock has a v-neck and waist ties, which I like a lot, while my Emerald Green is a midi length, not a maxi, and doesn't have pockets, which I don't love but can live with for the sake of the color.
Still pouring rain out there. I might have to stuff my dress into rain pants to walk the dog. Glad I have waterproof sandals that I like to wear, because today I need them.
LUNCHTIME UPDATE
Didn't need rain pants, but was glad I had not put a lot of effort into my hair-wash-day today. Just a double shampoo and some LUS 3-in-1, because I didn't feel like bothering with any more than that.
The husband is busy addressing the clogged bathroom sink drain. This drain has been chronically slow for years, with occasional bouts of being completely stopped up. I fear the issue is somewhere outside the bathroom, like possibly where the pipe joins the main line out to the sewer, but maybe he can get it working again. I give him major credit for trying, at any rate.
So far today I've ordered groceries and made a vet appointment for Dora. I've washed my Teal Fiona and my nightgown Maggie, both of which were looking a tiny bit dingy at the neckline --- that's usually the major sign to me that a dress needs a wash. It's nice to have clothes clean and drying neatly on the rack, and to feel that something, at least, is in good working order today. But overall, not really bad for a Monday when I feel tired and disoriented after being out of town.
AND I am reminding myself of how much goodness my closet contains, and how much I can enjoy that goodness, and even find some dopamine there. Selling something on Poshmark always makes me feel like turning around and buying something on Poshmark (what doesn't make me feel like turning around and buying something on Poshmark? I ask you), but you know, I don't have to turn around and buy something on Poshmark. Not today. I have enough. Maybe tomorrow, but not today.




