SUNDAY, ADVENT 2


 I've been so busy noticing leaves that I have not noticed buds. This tree is dying --- the whole top is pretty much dead --- yet it insists on not being dead yet. 

A nice day at Mass for the Second Sunday of Advent, and a reminder that tomorrow is the transferred Solemnity of the Immaculate Conception, so I shall in fact be remembering to go to daily Mass tomorrow at noon. We came home and had leftover chicken thighs with feta, tomato, and artichoke hearts (a.k.a last night's dinner) for lunch, so now I am pleasantly full and lounging on the porch swing, because it's actually warm. It was a brisk 36F when I went out with Dora this morning, but now it's about 65F. Dora has missed her afternoon sunbathes on the porch sofa, so I'm out here with her now, joining her in that pursuit. 

Wearing today: 



*Secondhand Not Perfect Linen Mama dress (S) in Caffe Mocha, bought September 2024, last worn December 2. Total wears this year to date: 8

*Secondhand Icebreaker base-layer tee in Dusty Rose. I think this is its third season of wear, but I've lost track. 

*Snag merino tights in Sand Dollar, bought summer 2024, first season of wear. 

*Xero Tari boots, bought summer 2022, third season of regular wear

*Secondhand Eileen Fisher cardigan coat, bought September or early October 2024, last worn November 27. 

*Very old linen scarf bought in now-defunct local shop. 

Signing off to enjoy the mild sunshine while we have it.