Our Lady of Lourdes, looking distinctly intercessory. I need it, let me tell you. Lecture tomorrow. Biggish essay for Friday. There is not enough coffee in this world.
Currently mid-50s Farenheit, a little chilly, with a pleasant high of not-quite-70.
Wearing:
*Wool& Maggie dress (S/L) in Aegean Teal, worn as underdress. Bought May 2023, last worn October 12, exactly a month ago. Total wears this year to date: 21
*Secondhand Erika&Co. vintage floral cotton-linen pinafore, bought December 2023, last worn October 17. Total wears this year to date: 17
*Secondhand Connemara merino cardigan, bought in the last month or two (I can't remember now, and am too lazy to look it up), last worn yesterday. Total wears so far: 12-ish. Not bad for something I've owned for about 6 weeks.
*Snag merino tights, originally Sand Dollar, redyed with Jacquard Sapphire last year? The year before? I bought them in 2022, I'm pretty sure, so I guess I dyed them last year. Anyway. They have a hole in the toe that needs mending, but I wanted to wear them anyway. They won't be too hot when the day warms up.
*Xero Tari boots, bought summer 2022, last worn November 5. I kind of don't know why I bother having other winter shoes, really.
I can shrug off my very warm cardigan as the temperature rises, maybe replacing it with a lighter one, but in the meantime, I'm quite cozy in the chilly house, and will be plenty warm walking the dog.
And so to work.
EVENING UPDATE:
Much lecture prep all day. Brain is oatmeal. But my new (to me) NPL dress arrived, as did my husband's new-to-him wool trousers and silk tie. No photos of those items, but here's my dress (worn over the Maggie dress I've had on all day):
I love the Dark Turquoise color, which is very close to the Aegean Teal of my Maggie dress. Pretty easy to transform this sleeveless dress into what looks like a dress with sleeves.
I like the fit and the hemline, which is a good bit shorter than any of my other NPL dresses. This is another great year-round dress: easy to layer in cold weather, but I can already anticipate how much fun it will be on its own with a pair of Birks or Crocs next summer.
So, another good buy. I need to power it down now --- it's been a lot of purchasing, these last couple of months. Of course, I've also sold off some things, and some of those purchases have been for the husband, who has needed new clothes. I am really happy with the trousers that came today, which are both a lovely lightweight wool (one black, one brown) that will wear well winter and summer. I have a navy wool blazer on the way for him, and also a pair of cotton khakis, by his request, so that should fill things out for him.
Dora and I have been hanging out all evening, since it's the husband's late night at school. I have read some Roderick Alleyn, but also pushed forward with my lecture and slideshow --- I really just need to tie it off, which I think I can do in the morning. THEN I need to finish my piece on Marianne Moore for her birthday on Friday. AFTER THAT, I will have not much on (God willing) for the rest of the semester. This is the last big thing, and I will be very glad to have it behind me.
Now to take the restless dog out for her after-dark perambulation.








