Marquette Park along the Riverwalk in downtown Milwaukee last Wednesday. I took pretty much zero photos at Notre Dame --- alas, because it was beautiful --- being busy doing and thinking about other things. I attended beautiful Masses on All Saints and All Souls in the basilica there, and otherwise circulated among friends, went to some banging late-night St. Thomas-Houston MFA cohort parties, sat in on panel discussions, and stressed about my own closing keynote panel on the Saturday night.
Here are the three evening keynote events --- they seemed to be recording everything, so possibly more videos will appear at this same link. Judith Wolfe of St. Andrews, talking Friday night on the theological imagination, is really a must-watch right now.
I was so busy that I didn't take outfit pics, let alone write anything about clothes. But now I'm home, sorting myself out, and . . . dressed in my usual non-public way, preparatory to releasing the dog from her overnight captivity.
Wearing today (it's really overcast and dim, so I had to turn on the ceiling light):
*Secondhand Not Perfect Linen Smock dress (S/M) in Dark Blue-Grey, bought December 2023, last worn October 25. Total wears this year to date: 25.
*Secondhand Icebreaker oatmeal merino (97% merino, 3% elastane, not too bad a blend at all) base-layer tee, bought last week, first wear.
*Snag merino tights in Sand Dollar, bought this past summer.
*Xero Tari boots, bought summer 2022.
I'm treating the color of my linen dress as a blue today, not a gray, and wearing taupey neutrals with it. I bought this base-layer tee to wear with pretty much every sleeveless linen dress I have, to winterize them. It'll be perfect under Cinnamon Rose, Chocolate Brown, and Grape Wine, as well as under my floral linen-cotton pinafore dress. It is quite heavy for a base-layer tee --- not see-through as they often are --- so I can wear it with skirts as well.
This is just an easy, effortless, comfortable outfit for a day when the highs are warmish (65F, but cloudy). I could easily layer up with a cardigan if it were colder, but this should do me for most of the day.
Not bothering with my hair. Much to do --- housework to be caught up on, dog to be walked, writing work. My Walsingham lecture is a week from Wednesday, so I need to make hay on that, especially as I'm going to Dallas this weekend for the Viking's play. Another travel capsule . . .
Anyway, on with it.



