Cardinal in my tree.
Well, today flashed by. I was up and out early to hear a conference panel on Flannery O'Connor, at which a friend of mine was presenting, and when I got home, around lunchtime, I had to work. So I'm just now posting for the day.
It was a chilly morning, followed by a lovely cool day. Definitely fall, all of a sudden.
Worked on an essay, with more than the usual level of research, all afternoon. Then the husband came home and took me to Hickory for dinner.
What I wore, all day and into the evening (and am still wearing):
*Wool& Fiona dress (M) in Marine Blue, bought September 2024, last worn September 26. Total wears so far: 4. Not bad for a dress I've owned for less than a month.
*Secondhand Ann Taylor cashmere/rabbit blazer cardigan, bought October 2024, last worn yesterday. Second wear.
*Snag merino tights in Sand Dollar (new this fall, first wear)
*Secondhand Earth Shoe Kalso Mary Janes
I was cold taking the dog out this morning (you can see the static cling in the first picture --- though it dissipated quickly), but comfortable for the rest of the day. So weird how SUDDENLY it's tights weather. I'm glad to have a pair of tights in this taupe shade again --- I dyed the last ones I had in this color, and I don't regret that, but I am glad also to have the original color back in a second pair. They go very well with this blue, for a start, and I anticipate getting lots of wear out of them.
I also really love this cardigan. It feels polished and professional, but it's as cozy as any granny cardigan ever was.
And I love my silky-soft year-round versatile dress. It was a good purchase, even though I'd meant not to buy anything new (and no dresses!).
Time to mobilize for one last dog-walk before bed.




