WEDNESDAY, ORDINARY TIME 16



Another morning that looks like this. They've all been looking like this lately. 

Today's agenda: 

*Wash hair

*Walk the dog

*Go to fetch the Artgirl from Seagrove: her car (really the husband's car) is acting up, and she's not feeling well, so we thought we'd go pick her up, and let the husband drive the other car back so that he can have it worked on while we're gone

*Read --- I did read Plato (still finishing the Phaedo) and Don Quixote last night

*Pack for our trip. I think we'll want to go fairly early to the airport tomorrow, even though our flight doesn't leave until 1, because apparently the Charlotte airport has been a congested nightmare continually since last Friday's global outage. Our airline wasn't affected by the outage (Go, Southwest Airlines with your 32-year-old computer system, go!). Wishing very much that we were driving. I hate airports. 

Wearing today (per my Sunday plan): 






*Wool& Brooklyn dress (S/Long) in Beetroot, bought November 2023, last worn a week ago, July 17

*(default) Secondhand Birk Mayaris, bought in April, last worn yesterday

*wet hair

Team Basic today, though I might toss on a shirt or cardigan or something, especially if we go out to dinner tonight. It's nice to have a hit of color on a cloudy day. It's also easy to track loss of inches/bloating in these Brooklyn dresses --- again, my big goal has been not to be thin but to lose belly fat and reduce bloating, which is always an issue. Watching what and how I eat --- enough probiotics, less alcohol, eating more slowly, etc --- helps with that, as does (when I remember) taking some digestive enzymes. 

Anyway, it's been a very linen-and-other-things week, which is nice, but I also love throwing on a good wool dress and having done with it. I did very much enjoy my rayon maxi skirt yesterday, and will certainly resolve to wear it more often. I loved the long swishiness of it all day long, though in the morning, walking the dog, it was awfully warm for something so thin and lightweight. I can tell the difference between rayon and natural fibers. Still, it's a nice choice to have on hand, and as I do have it on hand, and have done for some years now, I really ought to choose it more often. 

Speaking of things that make me happy, these people and their outfit of the day just send me, every day. 

And now I had better walk the dog. 

EVENING UPDATE: 

Back from Seagrove with the girly --- a bit of a hike for a day trip, and we're all tired now, but going out in pursuit of dinner in a little bit. 

Hair dried fairly nicely in the car: 



I don't think I felt as perturbed as I look in this photo. We had stopped for gas --- there was a power outage all along Highway 64, and this rather sketchy place was the first place open with power. They didn't take cards of any kind, either at the pump or indoors, but did have an ATM, where you could get cash ($2.50 fee, thank you kindly). They were mobbed but we managed to put in $30 worth and make good our escape, leaving $32.50 with the management. 

The Artgirl gave us a tour of her house and pointed out her pottery studio and the cafe where she works. We hope to go back and make a proper day visit before her time there is up, but this afternoon we just wanted to get home. 

So to dinner and then to pack.