THURSDAY, ORDINARY TIME 16/TO MEMPHIS


 

Morning desk view. I'm up, groping my way toward being actually awake, planning to leave the house before 10 for the drive to the airport (thank you, husband, for being the willing chauffer). Praying it's not too bad there. Apparently thousands of people are still stranded after last Friday's worldwide outage, and even though our airline wasn't affected, I fear massive chaos and long lines. 

I'm all packed. My travel capsule in its final version includes: 

*NPL Smock dress (which I plan to wear today)

*NPL Leila dresses in both Chocolate Brown and Cinnamon Rose

*Wool& Willow dress in Ocean Teal, just for something completely different

*2 cardigans: pink merino & blue rayon

*2 pairs of shoes: Birk Mayaris, which I plan to wear, & Crocs

*Underwear & extremely basic toiletries, including spray bottle to spritz linen dresses when I hang them at my mother's. The good thing about going to my mother's is that there's always lotion in the bathroom. And there should be some Suave shampoo in the shower, in case I want to do a clarifying wash while I'm there (I am taking my normal shampoo and LUS 3-in-1 and gel in travel bottles). 

*1 small claw clip for half-updos (wearing today), 1 large claw clip for full updos

I have room to pack my hair diffuser, which I plan to do. My laptop, without which I do not travel, will go in the laptop sleeve. I could, if necessary, even stuff my bag/personal item in the top of my backpack to consolidate further, but I don't think I'll need to on Southwest. 

Wearing: 





*Secondhand NPL Smock dress in (I believe) Dark Blue Gray

*Secondhand Brooks Brothers pink merino cardigan

*Secondhand Birkenstock Mayaris

*"Dog Person" coffee mug give me by my husband

I believe the Artgirl is up and going --- in a few minutes I'm going to take Dora out for a brief sniff at the world, then crate her and be ready to depart.