SATURDAY, ORDINARY TIME 10



Study corner in morning light. I've cleverly folded the curtain to hide the place where Dora tore it yesterday, trying to get at two cats that were fighting on our back porch. 

Off to ordinations shortly --- my friend Kristen is picking me up, to be in the choir loft at St. Mark's at 8:45. Not great sleep last night, but I'm up, dressed, and at 'em anyway. 

Wearing: 




*Secondhand Eileen Fisher linen dress, bought April 2024, last worn May 29

*Very old thrifted Pierre Cardin cotton cardigan

*Thrifted Crocs sandals, acquired from Texasgirl in April

Okay, so black is still not my color, and we don't strictly have to wear concert dress today, since we're in the loft at the back of the church (and it's obvious that I'm breaking the concert-dress code anyway by wearing a periwinkle cardigan). But I bought this dress for choir, and despite not liking black that much, I do really like the dress. I figured I might as well reach for it when a situation suggests it, even when the situation doesn't compel it. 

It's pretty warm, with a projected high of 91F, which is why the very lightweight, airy cotton cardigan. I bought this item so long ago, in our neighborhood thrift store, that I can't even begin to guess at the year, but it's been an enduring favorite.  

And the Crocs make a nice contrast with my hem. 

So here we are. Time to brush my teeth, put on a little lip color, and be out the door.