ASCENSION SUNDAY/NO-BUY MAY 12


 
This ceramic thing is smiling at you. Or making some kind of face. 

The sun is shining, and the high today is near 80F --- perfect May weather. Mass at 11, home for brunch, and I think tonight I'll make Vietnamese lemongrass beef again, for our last dinner as a foursome before the kids take off to the mountains for the rest of the month to learn some astronomy. I need to go buy some more cilantro, since I cut up the two plants in the garden on Friday for mango-black-bean salsa . . . unless they've miraculously exploded into leaf again, but I bet they haven't yet. Basil I do have plenty of. And the lemongrass has grown a lot, so I can put in even more this time than I did last time. I still have plenty of rice noodles, so it'll be good comfort food, even if it's not pho. 

Wearing today: 



More or less an exact repeat of Tuesday's outfit

*Secondhand Not Perfect Linen Leila dress (M/L) in Chocolate Brown, bought November or December 2023

*Very old thrifted Pierre Cardin cotton crocheted cardigan

*Thrifted Crocs sandals, acquired via the Texasgirl in April 2024

As much as I like to do long rotations of my clothes, to keep from wearing anything out, sometimes I also like to repeat, pretty quickly, a combination I enjoy. I do enjoy this soft brown with this cool periwinkle --- it feels fresh and springlike, and I hadn't worn the cardigan in ages, until Tuesday. And these Leila dresses always feel like party dresses, though you can wear them for everyday. Next week will be red for Pentecost, so it's nice, today, to wear something that still feels like Eastertide. 



Still also sporting the hematoma on my lip. Still trying not to feel self-conscious about it. Just gotta get out there and do my normal thing and at least pretend not to worry. Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking up at the sky? Yeah, look down, touch grass, say your prayers, wait for the next big thing.