FRIDAY IN THE OCTAVE OF EASTER



Sun on the creeping phlox, one of my favorite fleeting sights in the springtime. 

The sun is out today, and although it's not as warm as it has been, I'll take the high of 60F, thanks, especially if it does come with sunshine. 

Routine is the same as ever: proofreading (due Monday), an essay (2 more to write for next week), movement (my husband says he'll help me put the trampoline together).

Wearing today: 



The secondhand Flax tunic top I ordered arrived yesterday, and I quite like it --- though it's longer and more dress-like than I had expected, from the photos. Still, I think it'll be a very useful piece, especially as the weather warms up, with skirts and, as here, leggings --- since it's that long. In the spirit of wearing my whole closet, I've paired it with these old bamboo-cotton leggings, bought in the fall of 2021 and redyed green by me last year. A duster cardigan seemed indicated, and I like the navy on washed-navy tonality that this linen-blend J.Jill cardigan (bought last spring) provides. It seems not quite warm enough for open-toed sandals, but Xero Colorados (bought on clearance at the end of 2021) feel like a good alternative today. If it were colder, I could wear my Tari boots just as well with this outfit, for a more fall/winter look. 

I really enjoy these muted blues and greens together, and I'm insanely comfortable. It'll be wonderful to wear this sleeveless tunic without a cardigan when the weather warms up a little more, but it's nice with one today (and nice to have to reach for something other than the cardigan I wore yesterday, by default). 

Again, as day before yesterday, an entirely secondhand outfit except for the shoes. 

And, as ever, the work won't do itself, so I guess somebody had better get busy.