DIVINE MERCY SUNDAY



Easter Octave: rounded out. Where does the time go? 

Yesterday: lovely time with friends at this 3-way baby shower. I'd never been to the riverfront park in Belmont before, but it was really beautiful, even if the wind was a little chilly. My friend M. and I kept moving as we talked, to stay in the sun. 

Today looks like being a little warmer, with a high of 68F. It's 41F now, so pretty chilly again, but the sun is out, and things should warm up nicely. I'm going to wear sandals in any event, because it's SPRING NOW FOR REAL. 

The husband has to stay at school all afternoon, grading, and I've got two stories left to proofread, so I guess that's my Sunday afternoon. 

Wearing today: 



*Old (more than 5 years) J.Jill aqua cotton knit tunic top, bought for me by my mother

*Secondhand Pure teal cashmere cardigan, bought February 2024

*Secondhand Christopher & Bank linen-blend skirt, bought summer 2023

*Secondhand Birkenstock Mayari sandals, bought April 2024

Retreading some elements from this week --- I could, I suppose, wear my alpaca cardigan instead of this one, but this one was lying on the hamper where I'd taken it off last night, so here it is again. It is awfully warm, and I like the pop of brightness on the pale background. 

Skirt is a rerun from Wednesday. I almost resold this skirt last year, thinking it didn't fit me, and wow, am I glad I didn't. I'm not sure what I ever did without it. The light neutral is versatile year-round, but feels especially springlike right now. 

This top is my entry in the wear-your-whole-closet challenge I've set myself. I've had it for years but haven't worn it very much in a long time, and am questioning whether I need to keep it. I do really like it, with its wide, graceful scoop neckline and fluid layers. Possibly one reason I haven't worn it much is that I haven't had a good "bottom" to wear with it. It really needs a longer-line skirt without a lot of flounce, floof, and flow. I could wear it, actually, with my long red linen skirt as well, though as yet I haven't done that. Cotton is a less ideal fabric than either wool or linen, but this top is so very soft . . . I might have to hang onto it, even if I don't wear it that often. 

I do really like what I'm wearing today. I like the shapes and colors, and I like that every element is either secondhand or something I've had for a very long time. 



Claw-clip updo, because my hair went really stringy in the wind yesterday afternoon, and I didn't feel like trying to refresh it. 



Husband wants to make it for confession this morning, so I had better get ready to take the dog out. 

P.S.: 

I did donation-bag the band-collar denim shirt I had listed yesterday as one of my "maybes." It won't go away for a good while yet, so if I get a burning yen to wear it, I can. BUT of the button shirts I have, it's the one I reach for least, and the only one that's not either linen or lyocell, i.e. a fast-drying lightweight fabric, good for the summer sun. I'm debating what to do with my band-collar cotton duck-egg blue tuxedo shirt, which I love the look of but really don't wear, either. I might try to wear it tomorrow and see how I feel. The real problem with that shirt is that I can't get away with not ironing it. I don't iron my linen, but the cotton looks terrible if I don't touch it up after a wash. It is such a pretty shirt, though. I love the color and the detailing. It felt like a great thrift find at the time, four years ago, maybe . . . 

Meanwhile, the proofreading will not do itself.