Fresh new flowers for the kitchen table --- I'd thought these would be finished blooming outside, but they aren't. So I picked three on my way in from my morning walk with Dora.
An intense work day. I've been doing all the bits and bobs for this online course I'm teaching next week: powerpoints, homework packets, quizzes, resources. It's all kind of a grind, but we're getting there --- and managing to pull off essays for next week's Substack as well. I'm looking forward to an anniversary weekend away with the husband, who has been busy in Memphis doing things like pulling dead squirrels out of his mother's car engine. This apparently is what happens when you turn 93: squirrels break into your car and die under the hood. Anyway, he's having quite the visit, while here I am just laboring along at the stuff on my calendar, walking the dog, and binge-watching more British detective television at night. This week: Hinterland, which is like Shetland except it's Wales. I'm not sure how good I think it is, but it is moody, and I've kind of gotten sucked in.
The Fire Son is headed this way at some point as well, after days --- I forget how many --- on the Outer Banks. It'll be good to have him home for a little bit and hear what adventures transpired there on the coast. I'm sure some adventures did transpire; I have never known the Fire Son not to be adjacent, at least, to some happening or other.
Anyway, just taking a work break here, but this is what I'm wearing:
*Wool& Audrey (S) in Black Heather, bought November 2022
*Thrifted linen shirt, bought December 2023
*Secondhand Birkenstock Rosemeads, bought March 2023
This is a simple, default kind of outfit, but I like it. The weather's warm --- over 70F, so it's nice to be able to throw on a flowy dress and linen shirt and be done with myself. The Birk Rosemeads are quickly becoming a no-brainer choice as well. I just step into them, and there we are. As much as I love boots and tights, I also love not having to wear boots and tights.
I'm going to polish off the day's work, then do an arm workout, I think, then take the dog out, eat some dinner, and watch some more Hinterland. Then I'll walk the dog one last time, climb into bed and read a chapter or two of Little Dorrit before passing out --- and then it will be tomorrow, and I'll do basically the whole same thing over again.
I am bothering to make myself nice little meals while I'm on my own, as a treat. I had a patty melt Sunday night, and last night I made myself a kind of not-actually-raw poke bowl type of thing with some ahi tuna, avocado, peas, mango, and a drizzle of sriracha mayo. Not sure what I'll have tonight --- probably chicken done in the air fryer, with some vegetables. I'm trying to foreground protein, per my Reverse app, as I work on building muscle. The Texasgirl just lifted 145 pounds from a squat the other day, and I am not doing anything like that, but I am trying to up the muscle mass, burn the menopausal belly fat.
Anyway. Back to it.

