SUNDAY, LENT 5



Downtown Hickory yesterday from the patio of the pub in the old train station. It was a beautiful evening, warm in the long light. 

Also, a random shelfie from my office, looking out into the hall at more bookshelves: 




And the backyard with redbuds and Star of Bethlehem: 



Today we have mackerel skies, some cloud, and a high of 72F: not so sunny, maybe, but a beautiful day nonetheless, in this beautiful time of the year. Sometime this week I'll have diocesan choir practice, which I look forward to, though I haven't been in good voice for a long time --- the sad result of not singing regularly in a choir. Oh well, it'll be fun to go and do what I can. 

Meanwhile, I'm drinking coffee and waking up. It's St. Patrick's Day, so I guess I should wear some green . . . 

Wearing, in fact: 



My Lenten capsule wardrobe is becoming pretty repetitive. 

*Wool& Brooklyn dress (S/Long) in Pacific, bought May 2023, worn as my St. Patrick green today

*Secondhand Flax linen skirt, bought February 2024

*The very old, very familiar, very repetitive thrifted Eddie Bauer cotton cardigan 

*Secondhand Birkenstock Papillio wedges

Still no sunglasses. They seem to be stuck, as they have been since Friday, at the sort facility in Gastonia. Admittedly, it's Sunday, but come ON. On the other hand, I guess I can practice detachment, and that would be good for me. I will simply put on, for my own benefit, the appearance of not caring, in the hopes that I will believe myself and be at peace. I will offer. it. up. 



See? Offering it up. Whee! 

UPDATE: It seems that my glasses have "arrived at post office," in my actual town. Will they stay there? Will they get sent to Mooresville again? Will they return to the Gastonia Holding Facility of Death? Stay tuned.