SUNDAY, ADVENT 2


 A blessed second Sunday! The days they are a-hastening on. 

Quickly, because I've got to let the dog out before Mass: 



*Wool& Fiona dress (medium) in Teal

*Thrifted purple cashmere poncho

*Snag merino tights in Red Velvet

*Thrifted Birkenstock Melrose boots

It's wet and gloomy out --- we'll see just how well I've waterproofed my boots --- but not actually that cold. It should be a good day to come home and coccoon with editing work, then eat some more beef-vegetable soup. 


OK, well, better brush my teeth and see to the dog. 

EVENING UPDATE: 

A nice Mass this morning, followed by a quiet day --- I mostly spent it doing manuscript edits/revisions, but also watching the second episode of the new season of Shetland. My husband doesn't like the show without DI Perez, but I'm hopelessly hooked. Anyway, it was something for me to do while he graded papers. 

We had a repeat of last night's soup and bread for supper, and now I'm cozily drinking my tea. Still raining and raining out there, but eventually I will have to strike out with Dora for at least a short spin. Fortunately neither of us is made of sugar. 

I'm planning tomorrow to take my linen dress around to the alterations place and get that whole process up and running. If it's going to hang in my closet, then it's going to fit me. And I really think . . . I'm going to dye it. The color now is okay, but the dress as a whole is so close to being something I'd love wearing that I think I'm going to nudge it the rest of the way. I probably won't dye it some outlandish color that I don't already have a lot of . . . you can expect the outcome to be blue or green or possibly teal. I'm thinking: maybe my Christmas dress? also maybe my Easter dress? Definitely a summer dress, but also a dress I'd want to wear in the fall? Anyway, my idea is for this dress, and this dress alone, to tick a lot of boxes, because as many clothes as I've bought this year, it would be nice maybe not to do that next year.

NOT that I am making any resolutions. Just saying it would be nice.