WEDNESDAY, ORDINARY TIME 31/WOOLLY NATURAL 23 DAY 309


Shadow on the leaves: Woman Wearing a Dress. 

Well, WHEW. The events are over, and I have nothing to do (but work) for the rest of the week. Last night in Concord, at the beautiful Goldberry Books, was a fun time. We sat on that green couch and read poems and talked back and forth about poetry, with audience participation, and it was great. A good crowd, which we'd been worried about --- actually, the bookstore proprietor was worried, because people don't like to come out at night, he says, and downtown Concord is all torn up with road repair. But about thirty people did come out, including several Abbey students, and we had a good time. 

And now I'm wiped out, because hosting and shepherding a celebrity around can be a little draining, even if the celebrity is your longtime friend and is not actually staying in your house. There's always emotional labor involved, and you kind of don't realize how much until it's over, and you think, "Why do I not want to get out of bed?" All good, but also good that it didn't go on and on and on. 

Today, again, the sun is shining and the air is warming up. 47F right now, but the high is 81F, like summer. 

Wearing: 



Basic Willow, Day 27, looking honestly a little see-through here, at least in spots. I mostly don't think people can see through my dresses --- from a distance this one looks opaque enough. 



Still, dang, sometimes I wish this fabric were just a tiny bit heavier. 

ANYWAY. 



I tossed back on this linen-blend thrifted navy cardigan that I wore last night with boots and tights. The cardigan had been a last-minute addition to my going-out-to-read outfit, and I didn't take a photo, so now you can just imagine this cardigan onto that outfit, involving the same exact dress. I like how these long, slim cardigans dress up a swing dress -- the vertical line of the cardigan really creates a sleek profile, I think. 

I'm also trying not simply to keep wearing the same shoes by default. My red Xero Cassies always feel under-worn to me, so today I made a point of putting them on. They're as comfortable as sneakers, but so cute, making any outfit feel a little dressier, or at least more intentional. 

I've already done most of a class power-point this morning while drinking my coffee, so maybe I should finish it and start another one. Halfway through the Metrical Forms class prep . . . could I finish by the end of the day? Let's see if it's possible . . . though I also have another essay to write, and my energy and brain cells are finite. Film at eleven.