Spamming you with more autumn leaves. Until they all fall, this is a tree-color stan account.
Wearing today for my various endeavors:
This is Daytime Casual Warmish-Weather Beetroot (not a pretty name) Brooklyn. Wearing her here with thrifted cobalt-blue merino cardigan, Snag Rainy Day merino tights made footless by me, and thrifted Birk Madeiras, which I didn't think I'd like wearing with this dress, but I kind of do.
The high today is supposed to be 71F, and I got pretty warm walking the dog. Definitely no need for more layers, at least in the daytime. The sun is shining, and it's all quite pleasant.
I like the Silver Lining tights with the color of this dress, and will probably dress up tonight by changing out my shoes for some (unseen) socks and my graphite-gray Melrose boots.
I might also add a charcoal-gray crop top underneath for my teaching hour, since these are homeschoolers I'm addressing up close and personal (albeit recordedly) via Zoom. Grays and blues really pair nicely with this color --- which I adore, let me hasten to add. Oh, my gosh, it's a shot in the arm. I suspect I could also wear my dark plummish merino blazer cardigan with this color, and my green blazer . . . many things will potentially look great with this color.
Feeling comfortable but also pretty, even with rather wonky second-day hair. Everything about my new dress seems just right, and that's a lift in a busy week.
AFTER CLASS:
Whew again. One more to go. I'm going to try to write an essay this afternoon, but first step out with Dora for a few minutes.
I did put on a crop top for class --- this "jeans blue" seems to go nicely, and echo without matching the blue of my cardigan:
Resting my eyes with my glasses on my head, a thing I find myself doing a lot, though I can't really see this way. I can read this way and do puzzles on my phone, but otherwise I'm still pretty short of sight. Taking off glasses is also a lot like taking off makeup (not that I ever put any on): welcome to my nekkid old face. But wow, I do love these colors I'm wearing.
EVENING:
Waiting for that man to come home, because it's pub night and I'm wearing . . .
I mean, basically the same outfit I've had on all day, but minus the crop top because date night, and plus my Melrose boots.
What you do is, you get a snazzy new dress, and you lock yourself in the bathroom, and you take a series of really gooberish photographs of yourself in the mirror, because it's almost the end of the week, you're going to the pub, your new dress makes you feel super --- and that's just the protocol. Sorry. I don't make the rules. It just is.
Ah, and now the man is home.
LATER STILL:
OK, sorry, this was a lot of pictures of me today. But I really like my dress.









