I never did acquire a real pumpkin this year, but Mr. Scary Face was out on the front step last night, wishing everyone a happy Halloween. We had only a couple of dribbles of trick-or-treaters and a lot of Reeses Peanutbutter Cups --- my husband, who had come home early, stood out front with the bowl of treats, shouting, "Does anybody want CANDY?" This netted us a pair of twins dressed as peanutbutter and jelly --- "We were going for tacky and weird," they explained --- and a little girl in a tutu who asked my husband (still wearing his tie from work), "What are you, a BUSINESSMAN?"
Anyway, it was quiet and early and anticlimactic, but nice all the same. Once the trick-or-treaters, such as they were, had all gone home, we took Dora out for a walk around the neighborhood in the gathering cold. This morning it's 36F, a good 20 degrees colder than yesterday's high, with a projected low tonight of 24F. Goodbye, golden autumn, for the moment. It'll warm up again.
A new month, and my dress-wearing breakdown is pretty skewed. I wore my teal Willow 20 times in October, and most everything else once or twice or not at all. Audrey got 3 wears. I'm not going to know how to wear other clothes by the time I reach 30 days in Willow, assuming that I do. On the other hand, the other clothes will all feel new, having been laid by while I hyperfocused on this one dress.
Today: Mass at the Abbey for All Saints, then lunch out with friends. Then home to work again.
Wearing:
Willow again, with the handy-dandy thrifted green merino-blend pullover that I can tell will be a winter staple. Redyed Jacquard Sapphire Snag merino tights, thrifted Birkenstock Melrose boots. Almost-dry hair. I will add my gray puffer jacket to go out, and could add a scarf as well, though I'm not sure I will.
I always like the simplicity of a round neckline. Possibly I prefer it. As much as a scarf can finish an outfit, it also can end up feeling (to me, anyway) like visual clutter. Here I just like the tealy blues with the soft green sweater, and nothing really to compete with them.
Now to let the dog out, finish drying my hair, and get ready to go to Belmont for Mass and lunch.


