FRIDAY, ORDINARY TIME 31/WOOLLY NATURAL 23 DAY 311


 
Friday morning kitchen, with water glass, coffee in dog-person mug, lip balm, charge cord, and spoon. Just the necessities of life here, folks. It's about twenty degrees cooler here today than it was yesterday --- thanks be to God, say I. The projected high is 64F, and we're supposed to attain said high by eleven this morning, after which things will decline. Our county has been under a burn ban --- no open fires outdoors --- for the last several days, because of the dry weather. The anticipated rain, should it truly fall upon us, will be welcome. 

Today my plan is to work on powerpoint presentations: two left to do for this recorded course next week! Then I need to make up homework packets, etc, and any handouts for the class. If I can get the powerpoints knocked out today, then I could probably finish all that by the end of the day tomorrow. AND I have housecleaning to do, really, because I haven't been doing it, and things mount up. Finally, I think Dora and I will walk up to the post office to mail a Poshmark parcel --- I haven't sold anything in a long time, but finally moved the Pact red leggings that I liked but not enough really to keep. 

Besides all that, it's my penultimate day in my teal Willow. Day 29 of 30! Of course, tomorrow won't be the last day I wear that dress. I'm happy to have it as part of my year-round rotation. But it might be the last day for a while. 

I have enjoyed the challenge, though. I'm sure I've said this already, probably almost daily. Although it took me roughly twenty days to admit to myself that I was really doing it at all, it's been easy and quick, and my dress has been no end of versatile. It has helped that the weather has been cool enough, at least in spurts, for me to camouflage my dress under other clothes. And it's helped that in a couple of instances, having worn my challenge dress all day, I could wear something else out for the evening. Those possibilities have mitigated against boredom, which was a real problem during my mostly-summertime 100-day challenge. 

As before, I've chosen not to post my challenge on social media --- only here, where I post my daily outfit anyway --- but have kept an album in Google Photos which I'll send in on Sunday to claim my gift certificate. I could wish that I took more interesting photos, but honestly, the uncluttered backdrop of that end of my bathroom works for me, and my habit of taking some shots as soon as I get dressed, in the comfort and privacy of said bathroom, behind locked doors, gets the job done. I'm honestly not trying to curate some whole lifestyle imagery thing, just to document what I wore, because that helps me remember to wear things that work and not to repeat things that don't.

Anyway, I think I'll cozy up in my dress today. Our cooler weather is so hit-and-miss, at least until after Christmas, that it's a kick to get dressed on days when layers feel good.  

Wearing:



I'm trying again not simply to reach for default items --- though obviously the whole outfit is organized around one big default item. Here's Teal Willow, for the 29th straight day, with this aqua cashmere turtleneck pullover I bought in a thrift shop with Marly back in September. I've worn it once before in the last 29 days, but I don't reach for it nearly as regularly as I reach for other sweater layers. It's soft and warm and delightful, though, and I love the color --- bright on a gloomy-for-once November day. Those are Snag merino tights in whatever the dark charcoal-gray color is called, and my Tari boots. 


I thought I wanted this sweater to look more cropped than it does, but I've decided it's fine. It fits closely without a lot of bulk, and I find I don't mind it even at unflattering angles like this one. 



I have a feeling that I'll really appreciate the sweater in the months after Christmas, when the weather really does turn dreary and dank, if not actually freezing cold (though it does do that sometimes). This color looks good with pretty much every dress I own, and as I say, it's very warm without being heavy. 

Anyway. On with the day. 

PS: Yes, okay, I feel like Velma, the plain glasses-wearing girl from Scooby Doo, but you know, it's an aesthetic, and I'm leaning into it.