A brilliant moon last night.
After a hot day, I was looking forward to a long walk with Dora in the moonlight, but people have already started setting off fireworks around town. The booms frightened her so much that by halfway up our block, I could see that the walk was a no-go. In the end she bolted for the house, dragging me with her, pushed her way onto the front porch, and would have clawed the front door to pieces if I hadn't opened it and let her in. She then proceeded to pee on our bed, so that was a fun round of late-ish-night laundry to do. At this writing my husband is still asleep beneath (in addition to sheets) a polarfleece blanket covered with snowmen, the provenance of which is a mystery to me, but there it was in the linen closet.
Anyway, that was a riot and a half, but poor Dora.
She's normally perfectly housetrained, but stress and anxiety will do things to the best of dogs. She didn't want to go in her crate, either, though I finally managed to get her in, where I hope the trazadone I had given her took effect quickly. She barked a little when the daughter and son-in-law came creeping in around 1 a.m. --- I heard them but didn't get up, figuring that all they really wanted was to fall into bed, too.
SO, among other things, I'll need to make sure she gets walked well before dark for the next few days. And possibly I should get her meds refilled. She hasn't needed them much, but she'll need them for the holiday weekend.
Meanwhile, we're going to a wedding at 1 p.m. --- my daughter's hometown best friend, whose mother is my good friend. Actually, at this point, all her sisters are my good friends, too, now that they've grown up. It'll be a fun time for sure. I'm planning to wear my Brooklyn, with my fisherman's-sandal heels and a shawl for in the church, and it'll be a good time.
For the moment I'm just repeating what I wore yesterday, which in fact I slept in. I had been up waiting for a washer cycle to finish, so that I could put the remainder of our bedding in the dryer before I went to bed, and after that I could not be bothered to change from one dress into another, just to sleep. So I'm still wearing Willow for the moment, but not really counting it as a July wearing, though maybe I could.
Outside trying to take shots of goldfinches feeding on the blue sage. I can't get a good close-up, but my goodness, they're beautiful.
WEDDING TIME:
Really kind of grooving on this thrifted scarf/shawl --- it's totally polyester, and I don't wear it much, but sometimes it's just the right thing. In church, over my Brooklyn, I can make sure I'm well covered, though Brooklyn is right out of the wash, so the bodice is pretty drawn up right now. I'm wearing my Pact longline crop-top/bralette with it, not my Kosher Casuals crop top --- a little less coverage, but still some. I won't have a total wardrobe malfunction, even if I'm dancing, but the neckline is still more open than I would normally wear in church (hence the shawl).
And off we go!







