THURSDAY, ASCENSIONTIDE/WOOLLY NATURAL 23 DAY 145/MARIAN BLUE DAY 25


 
My daughter gave me this little metal ornament of Our Lady of Walsingham for Christmas some years ago. She hangs on the knob of one of my butler's pantry cabinets, because I couldn't bear to put her away after Christmas. 

Today's agenda: 

*dog walk

*grocery order

*essays

*magazine slushpile (if there's anything to read; often it's all done already)

*poem or fiction fiddling

*PUB NIGHT

Looks like another beautiful day today, with a high of 80F. Perfect weather. 

Wearing for it: 



All naturals today, but no wool: organic cotton Pact dress, blue Chicos linen shirt, and bamboo/modal next to my skin. Except for my underwear, my entire outfit is thrifted today, down to my Birk Balis. 




I love blues with this shade of purple. These are clothes I probably wouldn't include in a travel capsule, given how linen wrinkles (though it's obviously not bothering me right now), and given that cotton isn't good for moisture-wicking and doesn't dry quickly. But at home, where I am most of the time anyway: bring it. 

LUNCHTIME: 

Walked 3.25 miles this morning, including a stop at the dog park. It was warm and sunny on the greenway, but I stayed pretty cool in my dress and linen shirt. Wore Dora out pretty well, so I hope she'll be happy to rest in her crate for a couple of hours now while I work. 

Sunny dog park: 




Today marks a third May wearing for this dress, to tie with Audrey, Fiona, both Maggies, Sierra, and Willow. As I keep saying, it's important to me to know that, allowing for weather-appropriateness, I'm wearing my clothes in a pretty even rotation, all the time. Currently, the only outliers are Brooklyn, who's the new kid on the block anyway, and Camellia, with four wears instead of three, because she's just that versatile a dress. I'm keeping track of the rest of my closet, too, albeit not on a spreadsheet --- just making an effort to look at the shirts all hanging to the left of my dresses on a daily basis and think about how to wear them. If I have it, I'm telling myself, I want to be sure I wear it. Obviously cardigans are going to be taking a break, at least a lot of them. Ditto pullovers. Ditto leggings, mostly. Ditto scarves to a great extent, though I like wearing lightweight scarves as shawls for church or a date night. But upon the things that are possible to wear in warm weather, I am bending my eye, so as not to forget about them. 

Back to pecking out a tiny essay on the Restoration poet and playwright Thomas Otway . . . 

DATE-NIGHT TWEAK: 

Didn't feel like changing clothes. And why should I? I really like this dress. But the linen shirt was feeling a tad crushed after a long day, so I thought I'd freshen the look just a little. 



Enter this other shirt I like a lot and want to be sure to wear, plus a belt for some waist definition. Hair kind of wilted, too, so I put it in a high ponytail. 

At the last minute, changed out my regular belt for this belt pack, so I wouldn't have to carry a purse: 




So handy, and a nice note of Marian blue, which plays happily with this purple. Off to meet Clark and Christine and eat some spicy Barbadian brisket and drink some beer. 

BEDTIME: Good time had by all. Also, I hope in the next day or two to say more about these travel plans, which seem to be coming together. AND as of now, at the end of the day, I have walked 5.71 miles --- mostly with Dora, but also to and from the pub with the husband. 

Looking forward to tomorrow, another day.