HOLY THURSDAY/WOOLLY 23 DAY 96


 
The Triduum begins. Before Mass tonight we'll have a nice supper, the two of us, with readings and meditations for the day, recalling the Passover and anticipating the Eucharist. I always love the wayside respite of Holy Thursday before the long bleak slog of Good Friday and the quiet waiting of Holy Saturday. 

Wearing today, because it's already 70F outside: 



Redyed royal-blue Camellia, plus thrifted pale-blue linen shirt, plus Xero Jessie sandals. I haven't worn these much yet, but I love the contrast of the light-gray minimal straps with my intensely colored dress. I also love that they harmonize with, but don't match, any other element in my outfit. It's a solemnity today, so I have put off my Lenten purple. Tomorrow I'll wear red. 

Time to finish my coffee and walk the dog, then set the table and get my ducks in a row for some purposeful cooking. We'll have roast chicken tonight, with salad and other vegetables and some light springlike dessert that I haven't yet decided on, but it'll be simple. Even in a diminished household, with children far away, I love the beauty of this holy day and the small domestic traditions we've developed around it, to carry us forward into what comes next.