I took and posted this photo yesterday, but the sun is still out, and the redbuds are still beautiful, so here it is again.
Yesterday, as I mentioned, was a record-breaking walking day: just over 6 miles! This brings my current total distance to 48.9 miles --- more than a third of the way there. Still journeying up into Norfolk. I'm realizing, looking at the map, that my route would have been shorter if I'd just walked from Cambridge to Bury St. Edmunds, bypassing Ely (don't know about walking routes, but that would have been a lot more direct), OR if I'd struck out from Ely toward Kings Lynn without the digression into Bury St. Edmunds, which is in the opposite direction, but whatever. If I had been doing this in real life, I'd have done it more sensibly, or would have gone with a group of sensible people who knew what they were doing. At any rate, only 71 miles to go on this route.
I probably won't try to walk quite so far today. Much to do at home, including some essay-writing.
NOON:
Walked 3.29 miles this morning, as it happens, just down the greenway from where it crosses my street, to the Aspen Street end, then all the way back up to the other end, then back to my own street and home. Not bad, really, for a day when I thought I might be lazy. It's cold and windy out, so there were fewer people and dogs walking, which was nice. I could concentrate on prayers as I walked, and all in all, it was a good hour of the morning.
Now I'm home, Dora's resting in her crate, and I'm about to wash my hair, but here's the delicious lunch I made myself:
O, the joy of discovering that you do, after all, still have a little Thai red curry paste on hand. I'd bought some coconut milk at Walmart yesterday (I wanted sushi for dinner, my first night on my own this week, so that's why I went there), and also little pots of cilantro and basil for the kitchen windowsill, because I'm tired of not having fresh herbs.
So this is a can of garbanzo beans, just enough coconut milk to cover, a spoonful of red curry paste, a splash each of tamari and sesame oil, some garlic powder, and fresh cilantro added once I took everything else off the stove and poured it into this bowl. It was a very good lunch, so good as to seem not very Lenten.
Wearing today, post-ablutions (I was wearing the exact same outfit before, but with hiking boots):
My purple Birk Rosemeads are wonderful shoes for in the house. Now that I've eaten my lunch, I think I'll drink a little green smoothie (another splurgey purchase at Walmart yesterday) and get down to work. I've written roughly another hundred words of my Seren essay, but need to look and see what's up for the Sun, so that I don't get behind.
AFTERNOON: Feeling glad that I walked as far as I did this morning, because last night's uneven sleep is catching up with me, and I'm not feeling well. I had contemplated going out to catch a concert in Morganton, but I think I won't. I'd like to go, and I could still get a ticket, but it's an hour away, and I'm just not feeling it. The idea of curling up early under the covers is very alluring.


