SUNDAY, ADVENT 2/NO-BUY 2022 DAY 337/BIBLE DAY 8


 

A lovely surprise my husband brought in from the porch late last night, where I hadn't known the package was waiting: my contributor's copies of the Fall 2022 issue of Relief: A Journal of Art and Faith. And --- again, this lovely surprise, for which I am very grateful. 

This will be a quickie, because I need to walk the dog. 

Wearing today, for Sunday Mass and after: 



My long Wool& Audrey dress over gray Snag merino tights, with Tari boots and my thrifted gray bamboo tunic tied over, to give me long sleeves. 

My Advent purple is chiefly in my earrings, mismatched because these long purple dangles, which I love, are too heavy for the stretched-out hole in my right earlobe. 



On the left I'm wearing the remaining half of a pair my youngest daughter gave me for Mother's Day a few years ago, little wire hoops with heather in resin. I love them, but sadly one has been lost (how do you lose a hoop earring? takes a special talent, I guess). 






Funny, when I took these pictures, just a few minutes ago, I thought I looked washed-out and not that great, and had decided I didn't care. I actually look better than I had thought. I really love the gray-on-gray of this outfit, which is all so soft and warm. The "black heather" dress is really a dark, smudgy charcoal gray, and I adore it. Well, you know, not adore adore, but it's great. 

Going to wear my big shawl over for Mass, since it has so much purple: 



The high today is only about 50F, as opposed to 60F yesterday, but I think by the time I leave, I'll be warm enough in this shawl. 



Audrey just generally makes a great neutral backdrop, as well as being so comfortable and flattering in herself. I've contemplated whether it wouldn't be fun to have a dress in pine, one of these days --- I think I could wear that shade of green, and it would be great with this shawl, as would one of the purples Wool& sells. But for the time being, I'm glad to have a number of dresses: well, I'm just glad, period. It's an abundance, and I'm grateful. But also, they all really work with this shawl, so it's not like I have any burning need at this time. 

Today's Gospel reading in my Bible-in-a-year program, in fact, was about the lilies of the field. Really just trying to rest in that.