Dora, who doesn't necessarily get Christmas presents, got an early one today.
It's a big new kennel/crate, really meant for dogs about twice her size, roomy enough to hold the bed she prefers to sleep on, plus her food and water bowls at the end. She can turn around easily, sit up very straight, stretch out all she wants*. She has been in and out of it today, pawing up her blankets to make a nest, and hopefully she'll sleep peacefully in it tonight. It has a nice side door that opens out into the room, making it easier for her to decide just to go in --- though as you can see, that is not what she has decided to do currently.
*Her former crate, which the ASPCA sent home with her former owner, who subsequently sent it home with us, was big enough for these actions, but just barely.
We went out walking for about forty minutes this morning, all around the neighborhood, down a road we haven't really walked before, looking at houses and woods and creeks. When we got back, the groceries I had ordered were here, so I put them away, then spent some time cleaning the upstairs bathroom and putting fresh sheets on the college children's beds, in anticipation of their return home. I leave on Monday to do my usual there-and-back. My mother-in-law is having us, with my sister-in-law and her family, for dinner next Saturday night, which will be our Christmas with them. Then home next Sunday, to await the onslaught of company.
I still need to read my Bible and Imitation of Christ for the day --- usually I do it first thing in the morning, but today I got up distracted by the to-do list and didn't.
It's chillier today, and I am wearing:
Yesterday's cardigan with my Wool& Sierra dress, worn Thursday. Old blue cotton leggings, Xero Oswego sneakers. I could have put on another layer under my dress, honestly, because this cardigan isn't that warm.
Got to think what to throw in my bag to take for almost a week away. I really do not want to be away for almost a week, but fiat. This will be the last trip of this sort for the year, since after Christmas all we have to do is put them on the plane for Rome.
The face of a person who has just realized that she should really, really have Christmas presents in hand for the in-laws, and does not, yet:
I will think of something, says this face. I sure hope she's right.



