CHRISTMAS EVE/NO-BUY 2022 DAY 357/BIBLE DAY 26 AGAIN BECAUSE I MISSED YESTERDAY




 Good morning, America, from ice on the inside of the dining-room windows. 

Actually, it's pretty toasty here in the house. But hoo boy. I don't even need to say how cold it is out there, because in most places in America, it's colder. It's not looking promising for my mother and my brother to make it here from Memphis, which got ice night before last and has had single-digit temperatures ever since. I'm sad for them, though the last thing I want is for them to risk themselves out in the cold to get to North Carolina. 

Meanwhile, it's a quiet morning here, with most of the house party still asleep. Anastasia finished the Christmas tree, which looks more artistic than it usually does, in a mostly red-and-white color scheme: 



I took Dora out this morning and put her on her backyard tether: too cold for a real walk, but she romped around in the sun for a little while before deciding it was too cold. 

On today's agenda: 

*some cooking, I guess. I did an awful lot yesterday, but I do need to get the salmon chowder put together for dinner before the kitchen gets busy. I could trim brussels sprouts to prep them for tomorrow's cooking, and put together the sausage casserole for breakfast. Otherwise, tomorrow's meals will be pretty simple. Lavish, but not that intensive to cook. 

*finish gift-wrapping.

*wash my hair

*put the ornament boxes away

Kitchen table as icon of anticipation: 



Here I am, feeling very much like an elf: 



I am permitting myself to say that Advent is over, even though Christmas isn't here yet. Wearing my Wool& Sierra over my Fiona dress for extra warmth --- a combo I had not yet tried, but I am sold on it. I might just take off my Sierra this evening, put my red cardigan on over Fiona, trade the Tari boots for tall boots, to be dressier, and call it an outfit. 

I'm loving the gray-and-teal combination, as well as the toastiness. Snag merino tights repeated from yesterday, because after a night's airing, they smell just fine. These, my oldest pair, are springing some tiny holes in the toes, so I'll need to mend them soon, but a year on, they're serving me just fine, especially for the low price. 

Wearing a bamboo dress as a turban here over my wet hair, to complete the elfish look. 



A very merry Christmas Eve --- possible updates to come, but if not . . . see you on the morrow! 

UPDATE: 

My mother called from Cookeville, TN, to tell us they're on their way. They should arrive just after we leave for Mass, which is maybe not the greatest timing, but whatever. They're coming! 

Also, I have made two apple, pear, cranberry & lemon tarts (topped with clementine slices, because ALL the fruits for Christmas), plus boiled custard, plus the sausage-egg casserole for breakfast tomorrow, PLUS tonight's salmon chowder. I'm typing this because I'm sitting down.