Bathroom drying rack with many woolens airing, a selection of my shoes, and this shirt of my husband's that I took out of the wash and hung up for him . . . weeks ago.
This is a quickie, because I need to walk Dora and then head out to Mass at the Abbey. I'm meeting a friend whose birthday was last week, to take her out to lunch at last for said birthday.
Repeating much about yesterday's outfit:
Wool& Camellia, thrifted alpaca cardigan --- but today with my stripey thrifted bamboo/cotton leggings and thrifted Birkenstock Madeiras. The weather's supposed to be a lot warmer today, up to 77F, with sunshine, so the trick is to look and feel a little fallish without being too hot. The leggings mitigate against bare legs, but are still breathable. The shoes are still sandals, but closed-toe ones. I can take off the cardigan if I get too hot, though I was fine in it, in warmer weather, in Dallas nearly two weeks ago. I love the fun stripes on my legs --- that's always a lift.
And these colors just do me right.
Tomorrow there's a symposium and dinner at the college, to which I've been invited with my husband: drinks in the department chair's office in the afternoon, then some kind of larger gathering, then a lecture, then dinner. Odds are I will be repeating some elements of this outfit yet again for that event --- nothing I have dresses up quite so nicely as this Camellia dress, with her saturated color (thanks to my dye job), and her silkiness. Maggie would be a close second, but we'll see what I feel like when the time comes. I need to mend some little holes in my teal cashmere cardigan, but that might be my choice for a top layer tomorrow . . . though I *could* get really crazy and wear a blazer, depending on the evening temperatures. I wish it would be chilly, because that's so much easier to dress for than this in-between stuff . . . looks like the temperatures after dark are going to be in the 40s, so that's encouraging. Maybe I could pull out a blazer, for a change of pace . . .
But in the meantime, I need to let the dog out and get on with the day. Happy Thursday!



