What we're currently eating a lot of. Meanwhile, a quickie before I leave for Mass:
Sure is a relief to have finished my 7x7 challenge, so that I could get up today and wear basically the exact same thing I wore yesterday. Granted, I've added some embellishments that weren't part of that capsule, but here's my Wool& Maggie dress again, dressed up just a little for church on a feast day with this very old blue shrug cardigan and an extra necklace.
This is just such an unbelievably versatile dress. I could add heels, and she would be even more polished and dressed up, even though she's basically a nightgown. This luminous marine blue is a great dark neutral for me, where black would be too harsh.
UPDATE, LIKE TEN MINUTES LATER:
Now I'm coughing my lungs out again, so I'm not going to Mass. It's not Covid, per multiple tests, but I don't need to be around people while I sound like the tubercular ward. Off with the cardigan and extra necklace, but Maggie still makes a nice nightgown for lying around the house. Or, well, a nice spirit-lifting alternative to lying around the house in a nightgown. I feel not dressed, yet dressed. Time to make myself some tea and lie back with my Gerard Manley Hopkins essay for a while.
In other news, Christian Poetry in America Since 1940 is Amazon's #1 new release in poetry anthologies. And brave little Works of Mercy has received its first 5-star review. So those are things to cheer me today upon my couch of sickness.


