TUESDAY/ORDINARY TIME 11/NO-BUY 2022 DAY 165



OK, I don't actually know what this structure is, but it's there on the beach, and it makes an interesting focal point for photographs, so here we are. 

Last night's full moon over the rooftops:




And a cloud-smudged sun, about six this morning, as seen from our front porch: 




I got up and dressed early to walk on the beach: 




Caught a lot of people surf-fishing or heading out in boats: 




By the time I was on the beach, the cloud cover had burned off. It's going to be a bright, hot day, which seems to be the nationwide weather report. 




Obviously I never tire of shadow pictures. 



But here I am, corporeally, wearing my Sierra, which already feels a little warm, but it is her day: 




Being sleeveless helps, of course. And being a swing dress with a breezy shape. As long as the fabric isn't actually touching my body, I'm fine. And it is breathable, definitely better than wearing something in a synthetic, even if the synthetic fabric were thinner. I would have been sweating all down the inside of my Old Navy jumpsuit, for example. I didn't even bother to bring it, even though you'd think it would be the perfect clothing item for the beach. I'm here to tell you: it may appear that way, but it is not. 



So far the three dresses have been light and easy. I spend some hours every day in a bathing suit (not actually shown here):



But otherwise I'm wearing a wool dress, because that's what I brought to wear. As beachwear goes, Camellia is the clear winner: light fabric, light color, overall summery feel. Then Maggie: light fabric, dark-but-nautical color, breezy fit so also summery. THEN Sierra: sleeveless summer-dress cut, but kind of substantial when the last thing you want on your body is more substance. But still not bad. It's relaxing not to have to think much about what to wear. Every day: put on dress. If going out, add shoes and cardigan for air-conditioned spaces. The end. 

The shirt pictured above is kind of interesting, actually. I've had it for years and years, a long-ago Goodwill find that I bought because I liked the color, and because the pucker fabric said "NO IRONING NEEDED." It's a huge shirt, almost too big to be workable as an outfit element, but it's been good as a sun layer over bathing suits at the beach, for paddling, etc. I have been noticing though, as I've really never noticed before, how synthetic it is. It provides exactly the sensation I was describing above: a thin fabric that doesn't breathe. It dries quickly, which is a virtue in a beach coverup. I wear it into the water a lot. But when I get out, and the sun is beating down on me, I'm HOT. But whatever. I dislike sunscreen, so I need a protective layer, and this item works for me. And whatever its shortcomings, I do love the color. 

Off now to do a lot more nothing. 

OH ALSO: Only 200 days to go in this no-buy-year-during-which-I-have-judiciously-bought-some-things . . .