There's been wood in the firepit forever, so last night we just up and decided to burn it. It was a cool starry night, perfect to be outside. We said the rosary around the fire, then just sat for a while into the night, watching it burn down.
Sometime in the night it rained, and the fire is nothing but wet ashes today.
My candle burns at both ends.
It will not last the night.
But O my foes, and O my friends,
It gives a lovely light.
It's been raining off and on today, and we were under a tornado warning for a time. We were going to go to the mountains, but decided against it for the day.
Wearing:
Wool& Sierra with a hoodie jacket I don't really need, a repeat of the striped bamboo leggings from yesterday, and Birkenstocks. Leggings and Birks secondhand, jacket a long-ago gift from my mother.
Same old, same old, in lots of ways, but I've been gratified to know that in 80-degree weather Sierra is still comfortable.
I did wear my long-sleeved blue bamboo swing dress to hike yesterday --- just switched out the leggings for bike shorts. The bamboo performed really well on a warm day, albeit in fairly deep shade most of the time. It breathed and was cool, even with the coverage of long sleeves. I am looking forward to some real hiking in those dresses this summer. I wore my Xero sandals for that walk, too. It really was more of a walk than a hike, but for light hiking, those sandals are a good choice.
Hair wash this morning: I continue to be quite happy with my Vida bars. I like the results a lot better than I have liked the outcomes after washing with the Yellow Bird bar. This shampoo bar seems far milder, and the conditioner doesn't leave my hair feeling coated. My scalp has stayed happy all week, too, after washing on Monday. I think I recommend these.
Sitting on the porch now, feeling the breeze, waiting for the next wave of rain to pass over us.


