A quickie as I wait for rush-hour traffic to clear a little. The lighting in here is awfully dim, so again I've overexposed this shot so that the colors show up somewhat. This is my Camellia challenge dress with my secondhand merino Icebreaker tee over the top, plus secondhand teal cashmere cardigan, secondhand striped bamboo/cotton leggings and Doc Martens with wool socks. This is all a lot of color for me, but after an interrupted night –– this hotel room is distinctly non-soundproofed –– I figured I needed a little jolt to keep me awake. And as always, I'm warm: not too hot, just comfortably, consolingly warm.
More accurate shot of the t-shirt's color, which I really love:
I guess this is like a bright raspberry? And it's a tiny little micro-stripe, so it has a faintly heathered appearance which I like. I find myself reaching for this shirt a lot –– the color plus the scoopneck shape are perfect, and I love the fit, which is close but not tight. I like my other merino tees, but I love this one.
Hair up again in the same claw clip:
I like the color of this clip, too, plus the fact that unlike most claw clips, it doesn't have a gigantic handle thingy sticking out at the back. It feels pretty sturdy, too, and held my hair securely all day yesterday, which is key. I have no time for hair things that don't hold my heavy hair, so that I have to keep fussing with it. If I'm going to wear it up, I want it up and out of my way and out of my thoughts for the duration. This clip so far has achieved that end.
I call this one Woman With Updo and Toilet Roll.
Anyway, I'm beyond ready to be home. It's still a little hard to believe that people are worrying about frozen roads in North Carolina, when it's been so relatively warm and clear all the way from Texas, but that's America for you. A big country with various climates. I'm anxious to be in my own house, with my husband and my dog, before more variation blows in.