A quickie while I'm waiting for people to be ready. I really can't put my things in the car until they put all their big bins in the car, so there's time for some thumb-twiddling.
I have packed for this road trip, but not very schematically. I just bundled a bunch of stuff into my little backpack, with more shoes and general overflow in a tote bag.
I know I have three dresses: my Sierra, my Camellia, and my long-sleeved dark-blue bamboo swing dress. I have a gauze maxi skirt. I have . . . some . . . cardigans? I think? I know I have my long light-gray duster cardigan to throw over virtually anything. I have all four wool tees to wear over or under dresses for warmth and variety. I have my gray Snag merino tights. I have both pairs of bamboo leggings. I packed my one pair of ponte skinny jeans, too, but I bet you anything I don't wear them and will regret the space they take up.
Wearing today for the road:
A study in gray: my beloved Sierra, with a silvery bamboo dolman-sleeved tunic over the top. Repeating my striped bamboo leggings from yesterday for a hit of color and pattern, and Doc Martens. This outfit would probably benefit from a scarf, but I can't be bothered. It would drive me crazy in the car. The tunic, like the leggings, was one of my final 2021 purchases, and I really love it. It's soft and warm on my skin, especially as an extra layer over wool. I can put on my long cardigan if I need one more layer, and I'm also taking this long teal quilted/puffer coat, which I've had for seventeen years and which is still going strong.
I like having a full-length coat to put on over just about anything –– a duster-length cardigan, for example, looks kind of weird hanging out under a shorter jacket, but is fine under this. I love the color and the faux-fur trim on the hood. AND it's just an insanely warm coat. Apparently we are going to be running into winter weather on the way, so I'm glad to have it.
Don't go, says Dora. But –– assuming these other people can get themselves together –– go we must. Time to finish rounding up all the things I said I'd bring to the folk in Dallas, that they couldn't take on the plane with them after Christmas.
(Our tile floor has been breaking in that spot for as long as I can remember . . . one more thing to add to the SOMEDAY list)