A gray day, chilly and dank but not so cold. We're off in a few minutes to Mass at the Abbey and then lunch out, because it's the kids' last weekend at home.
Wearing:
Sierra over the pink micro-striped merino tee I wore yesterday, with Snag merino tights ("Silver Lining"), camel boots, and this unstructured nubby gray blazer I often try on, but too infrequently actually wear. The tee doesn't show under the dress when I have the blazer on, so I added this old silk scarf, given me years ago by my mother, as a note of color.
Thrifted: blazer and tee. Bought new in 2021: dress and tights. Owned at least one year previously: boots and scarf. Earrings given me by my husband, also many years ago.
The pull-through side-ponytail do is my go-to in 2022 –– so far, anyway. I've always a) had long hair (at least, more often than not), and b) been bad at updos that would make my long hair more polished when I refuse to straighten or spend a lot of time styling it. This hair trick does it all for me: makes me look as though I made an effort –– which does become a little more important as you get older, I think –– when in fact I made not much effort at all. It can be loose and falling-down-romantically if I use a larger, softer scrunchie in velvet or satin, or it can be a little firmer and tighter, as it is today, secured with a small twill scrunchie with less slip. Anyway, if I want to look put together but still feel like myself, this is the way to go.
Dog also thrifted.
She matches my boots very fetchingly.
I'm warm but not too hot in this outfit. The restaurant we're going to is always freezing, all year round: air-conditioning and ceiling fans in summer, door opening constantly to let the weather in in winter. Last time we were there was the day of the funeral we attended, a week ago Thursday. I'd worn a non-wool dress and regretted it all day, not least in that restaurant. Today I'm ready for anything.