Another golden fall day, still warmer than the weekend was. I started out fairly bundled up, but have been gradually peeling off layers. The water is off at the college for some reason, so my husband has come back home to Zoom with his classes from the office upstairs, while I've been finishing off and sending my detectives essay. Still talking to the guy about the dog, whom I think we're going to try to see, and possibly bring home, this weekend.
MUCH better sleep last night. Fortunately the worst nights are usually followed by at least one good one –– even my hamster-wheel brain can't sustain all that wakefulness forever.
I got up today and put on Sierra again. This is a particularly perfect dress for these changeable November days, warm enough, especially with a cardigan, for the cold mornings and nights, but great to strip down to no sleeves if I'm walking in the afternoon. Wearing her again with leggings –– darker charcoal gray this time –– my longline blue heathered cardigan, which I haven't worn in a while, and my little teal Crocs for a pop of brighter color.
I like the subtle layers of heather-on-heather in blue and gray. You can't see it clearly here, but the leggings are really just a darker version of the dress. The sweater was one of my final fast-fashion purchases, almost a year ago now, and I do like it. It's a nice lighter layer for weather like this. I like the length without the bulk that accompanies so many long cardigans. And I always forget about these Crocs, which I bought on Ebay, also about a year ago, but I love them. This whole look feels fairly sleek, but still soft, and the teal shoes shake up the seriousness in a way I like. I could dress this up as something more like a work look by wearing camel boots instead, and adding another silver necklace. Or I could make it earthier with Birkenstocks. Or grungier with Doc Martens. I could add a scarf. Anyway, this is a basic combination that could tilt all kinds of ways, just by a change of shoes or accessories.
Wet hair in claw-clip updo. It needed washing, but I didn't feel like fooling with anything else.
I'd scheduled a phone call with a high-school friend this afternoon, but she needed a rain check, so here I am with my work done and the rest of the day before me. I think I'll go sit on the porch and read . . .