THE HUNDRED-DAYS' DRESS: DAY 24


 

Scenes from a morning walk. 


















Reader, I kept off the grass. 

LATER:

I put on a shirt over my dress in the house, because even though we don't keep the air conditioning running hard all the time, I still get chilly if it's on at all. Was curious about this color combo: lapis Camellia + thrifted microfiber shirt in a kind of orchid. But I like it.



 

Blue and purples are tricky with each other, I think because they're too close on the color wheel. But a muted blue like this, with a pinkish purple, seems to work just fine (probably because technically this shirt would be classified as pink, not purple, though to me it does read as a purple).  The shirt is a little boxy, but it makes a decent light jacket. 

Also, not gonna lie . . . it has been an incredibly mild, lovely summer here. We might still have a day over 95F, but the fact that we haven't yet, here in the second week of August, has me incredulous. Still, it feels hot. And I am beginning to look forward to weather that makes me want to put on trousers again. I keep seeing photos of people in Wool& dresses and leggings, Wool& dresses tied up as tops over jeans . . . and right now the thought of having anything on my legs at all makes me want to lie down and die. Truly, I'm wearing the perfect clothing for the weather, day in and day out. But I'd love for it to be cool enough to experiment with more of my existing wardrobe. 

There. I've done it. I've complained. But I am glad I can trot out my various shirts, anyway.